My English Speaking Activities for Adults. Talents & Habits (Conditional Sentences).
May 11, 2018
Hi everyone! Wherever you are reading this blog post - at university, at work, at home or on holiday... How long ago did you discover a new talent of yours? Which talent was it? How did it change your life? What's the connection between a talent and a habit?
In today's post, I'm going to show you the way we've practiced talents and habits related vocabulary in the 2nd Conditional Sentences with my students this week.
LEVEL: PRE-INTERMEDIATE & ABOVE
Task. Make up Conditional Sentences using the example.
Student: I wish I had a knack for languages. I wish I could memorize/I wish I memorized new words quickly, ...
- to have a knack for making friends
- to have strategic thinking
- to be (more) punctual
- to be good/better at computer science/history/georgaphy/maths/blogging/vlogging
- to be good/better at blending in
- to have a less sedentary lifestyle
- to be a globetrotter
- to be a go-getter
- to have a way with words
- to be good/better at multitasking
- to be (more) self-confident
- to be (more) experienced in ...
- to have musicality
- to be artistically inclined
- to have sleight of mouth/hand/foot
I'm wishing you much productive practice of the Target Langauge with the help of this Speaking activity.